The SIRIUS CAPACITOR MODULE has the following major components:
- KiloWatt Labs Super Capacitors
– These are the individual energy storage units inside the SIRIUS.
The super capacitors are designed and manufactured by KiloWatt Labs and boast an ever-increasing high energy density of 80Wh/kg.
The super capacitors has a minimum, ever-improving, Graphene / rGO content of 98.3%.
The super capacitors are arranged and interconnected to provide the required voltage and storage capacity of the specific model.
For instance, inside the 7.1kWh SIRIUS CAPACITOR MODULE, there are 2400 individual super capacitors, arranged in a specific manner to provide 48VDC module with an overall energy capacity of 7.1 kWh.
2. Capacitor Controllers
– To prevent each super capacitor from discharging all it’s stored energy as quickly as possible, KiloWatt Labs designed unique, patent pending controlling electronics to control the discharge rate and voltage of each individual super capacitor. This controller is highly efficient and unique to the KiloWatt product range.
Multiple versions of the controllers exist and the most applicable version is selected for the required/desired charge and discharge rate of the model being built.
3. Interconnecting Wiring
– All these individually controlled super capacitors are interconnected with circuitry and wiring. The current carrying capacity of the interconnecting circuitry and wiring are matched with the required / desired charge and discharge rate of the model being built.
4. Overall Monitoring, Balancing Controller
– The SIRIUS CAPACITOR MODULE monitors:
- The health of the arranged super capacitors and capacitor controllers.
- Charge and Discharge rates
- Stored Energy etc.
5. Safety Circuit
– The SIRIUS CAPACITOR MODULE also has built in safety circuitry that protects the unit when abnormal internal or external conditions are detected.